We have always had a basic first-aid kit that you can find in any drugstore. You know the one, it has band-aids, alcohol wipes, antibiotic ointment sample, aspirin, just the bare minimum. You would have to go out and purchase more just to beef it up. So when we ran out of all the good stuff from our kit we decided to make our own.
- The first thing you will need if you choose to make your own kit is a container. Your container should be roomy, durable, easy to transport and simple to open. You want everything in your kit to be located in one place. I used an hobby box from The Container Store. It has an handle, very lightweight and a removable inner tray with partitions for better organization.
- Sterile gauze pads
- Roller gauze - for hard to bandage areas
- Adhesive tape
- Band-aids and for the boys I got some hero band-aids that appeal to them
- Elastic bandage
- Peroxide - did you know it comes in a spray!?! I got it from Wally World for a dollar!
- Neosporin - I have the ointment and the wound cleanser foam
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Mr. Bump bruise soother - used as a cold/warm compress
- Plastic non-latex gloves
- New Skin - a liquid bandage
You never know when an emergency will happen, big or small. Hopefully you have a good first-aid kit in your home. If not, I hope you found this list helpful and that you will make yours soon. See ya soon!