Last year I bought an advent calendar that I can use for years to come and fill with whatever, we filled ours with different candies the kids liked. This year I wanted to up the ante and do something a little different.
Since my kiddos are getting older I wanted to add a little scavenger hunt on some days. A message will be left telling them to look somewhere for a clue and that clue will lead to another, until they find their surprise. It won't be everyday but maybe twice somewhere in the calendar.
- Visit Santa
- Movie night with homemade cider
- Go pick out a new holiday book to add to our collection
- Go to the tree farm to pick out our tree
- Tickets to an event
- Hang a new special ornament
- Bake holiday goodies
- Hot chocolate breakfast with homemade marshmallows
- Tiny toys
- Deliver neighbor gifts
- Go to the movies
- Make gingerbread houses or trains
- Holiday lunch outing
Do you do a special advent calender or purchase one from the store? I have seen so many cute ideas across blog land, have you seen any you would want to try? See ya soon!