I will go through each drawer and cabinet, evaluate its contents, purge, reorganize, and give everything a good scrub. It has been over a year since I did a good deep clean in the kitchen.
I start out by removing all the contents. Vacuum out any crumbs. Wiping down the inside and outside of the cabinet and drawer. After going through and sorting the contents, I will only put back the items we use and those I love to display.
I found some chipped dishes that need to be replaced and some we don't use anymore. I will donate, recycle and store others in long term storage in my attic.
- group like items together and make sure there placement compliments how your kitchen functions.
- use dividers and trays to corral like items in drawers
- use containers to give your pantry a cohesive look
- utilize the vertical space in a cabinet by using a free standing stacking shelf
- store spices in a drawer in wide mouth jars with tops labeled